PhD – Ecological Space Structure
A PhD position in Ecological Space Structure is offered by the Faculty of Science at Charles University Prague, Czech Republic. Faculty of Science at Charles University has several research units; Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Geology, Environmental Studies. The PhD position in Ecological Space Structure is offered by the Department of Ecology which was founded in 2004.
The candidate will be a part of the EcoSpace research team led by David Hořák the project in the Ecological Space structure deals with studying the relationship between geographical distribution and ecological specialization in birds.
The project aims to analyze data related to ecological traits of birds in relation to their habitats and distribution in physical space. To explain how ecological space use by individuals describes the geographical distribution of bird diversity at different spatial scales.
The PhD position will include: (1) handling of large ecological data sets, (2) GIS analysis, (3) Complex statistical analyses. The position is offered for 4 years, starting on October 1st, 2021.
- Working with European birds datasets
- Attractive scientific environment at the Department of Ecology
- 20,000 CZK stipend per month
- Masters degree in ecology, environmental sciences, computational sciences, biology, or equivalent
- Expertise in R programming
- Knowledge of GIS
- Background in ornithology and European birds is an advantage
- Ability to work independently within a team
- Excellent communication skills in English
Interested applicants are required to send a structured CV along with a cover letter, stating their motivation or potential questions via email to email@example.com. The submitted applications will be reviewed on March 12, 2021 and the interviews will being at the end of March via Google Meet.